- mar/21 Registration Begins
- jul/10 Registration Ends
- sep/01 Finalists announced
- sep/20 Selected Project Announcement
AT VIDEOCAMP, WE BELIEVE FILMS CAN TRANSFORM REALITY. In recognising how effectively cinema inspires and encourages reflection, we’ve made supporting film production one of our strategic objectives.
The 2nd VIDEOCAMP Film Fund is among the largest of its kind in the world. The winning project will receive up to US$400,000 (four hundred thousand dollars) to produce a movie on Inclusive Education. Click here to learn more about the inaugural fund held in 2017.
What are we looking for? Well, definitely not movies that simply trace the history of the topic, or analyse what makes an inclusive classroom. We are seeking a curious and sensitive director with the creative vision to make an important film that breaks down barriers related to attitudes, pedagogy, architecture, or communication. This film is also sensitive to interpersonal relationships that emphasise diversity, as well as collaborative strategies and inclusive support networks. Finally, this is a film that will broaden social perceptions about how all students, with and without disabilities, benefit from an education that is founded upon inclusive citizenship, and which fosters community through a commitment to diversity.
“The Magic of Cinema happens when you pass through the exit door, and continue believing in the Magician.” Ruisdael Marques
Let’s share this theme with the world? 😉
VIDEOCAMP Teamsee the next steps
The Fund is founded on four principles that will enable the winner to create an impactful film.
- Purpose Support a film that will spark conversation, spread awareness throughout society, and shape everyday attitudes and content production.
- Autonomy Give the producers the creative liberty to make optimal decisions for their film, whether it be a work of fiction, an animated feature, or a documentary.
- Viability Guarantee film quality by providing ample resources throughout the production process.
- Reach In keeping with our mission to democratize access to content, use the VIDEOCAMP global platform (in addition to other distributors) to ensure that the film reaches a wide variety of audiences.
What world do you want to live?
If you haven’t visited VIDEOCAMP yet, let’s fix that! We believe movies can change the world, and we’re committed to helping filmmakers reach new heights. Check us out.visit Videocamp